In just three days, FashionCapital lifts the lid on the fashion industry with the first of the Trunk Shows in Manchester!
Lifting the lid on the real UK garment industry #liftthelid
FashionCapital is set to host its ‘How to Succeed in Fashion Today’ seminar with headline sponsor Freeths solicitors on 30th March at the Manchester Art Gallery from 10.00 – 13.00 and repeated at 14.00 – 17.00
There are now 5 spaces available for the morning session and 9 for the afternoon session. Tickets will be allocated on a first come first serve basis.
Aimed at students, graduates and new business starts ups the fashion industry experts will offer real, invaluable advice on how to succeed in fashion today.
The agenda includes:
- 10.00am - Introduction and Welcome by Jenny Holloway, CEO Fashion Enter & FashionCapital
- The industrial Garment Life Cycle explained.
- 10.20 - Fabric Appreciation with Deborah Shulton
- Many graduates and new business start-ups understand fabrics and their properties but what affect does this have on your manufacturing and cost implications - you need to know the facts!
- 10.45 - The Design Process and Product Development with Gabby Shinier-Hill
- How to make sure your production and sampling is right first time. What you need to do from an industry perspective to save money.
- 11.10 - IP, Copyright and Protecting your Designs with Freeths Solicitors
- After all that hard work creating your perfect range you do not want IP infringement. Learn how to protect yourself and your brand.
- 11.30 - How to generate sales - Jenny Holloway
- This is a business – it’s not a labour of love - you need sales and you need sales fast!
- 11.50 - Working with freelancers - Freeths Solicitors
- Contract Essentials – What You Need to Know: When entering into business relationships, designers need to understand who they are contracting with, how a contract can be formed, what both parties are responsible for and who carries the can if things go wrong. The devil is often in the detail, and we will highlight what you need to look out for and some of the common pitfalls for the unwary.
- 12.10 – The Factory Uncovered - Jenny Holloway
- Cabbage - what it is and how to prevent it! Make sure you know how to identify bad practices in a factory.
- 12.30 - How to do your own PR with Rosie Davies, Director London Fashion Agency
- You can’t afford your own PR agency but do you need one? With Rosie's know-how you can do press and PR yourself AND be successful!
The Trunk Show is the first of a series of seminars to tour the UK offering real advice to today’s fashion start-ups. Supported by The Textile Institute, ABC Awards and the Northern Clothing and Textiles Network the Trunk Show is an opportunity to reach out to up and coming designers based outside of London and ‘lift the lid’ on the real UK fashion industry.
Book your place now - firstname.lastname@example.org